State Information Centre for Disabled (SICD) is functioning w.e.f 2003.
The objectives of the State Referral Centre
- To guide and implement rehabilitation services in the state.
- To promote Rehabilitation services, comprising medical, educational, psychological, socio-economic vocational training and employment of persons with disabilities.
- To enrich human resource development for Rehabilitation Services.
- To create awareness to promote barrier free environment for disabled in private and public places.
- To establish linkage with medical, education, vocational and employment facilities
- To conduct Research & Development in the areas of disabilities
- Promotion of Consultancy services to voluntary organizations
- Networking with voluntary organizations
- Diagnosis and evaluation
- Provision of aids and appliances
- Conducting special camps in rural areas