Disability is a matter of perception, and just need a hand of hope to change it.
Sweekaar Multi-specialty Rehabilitation Centre is a non-profit, non-commercial voluntary organization. Over the period of 41 years, the centre has brought ray of hope in the lives of thousands of mentally handicapped, physically disabled, deaf, drug addicts, widows term ideas and destitute people. Let’s us walk through the glorious journey of Sweekaar and explain how it has changed people’s lives completely for good.
In order to cater needs of people with disabilities properly, it has 3 sister organizations, called as Upkaar, Aashray and Suraksha, each of them has distinct mission to help children and adolescent with disability. Every special child, no matter what physical or mental problem requires special attention and education to develop skills and learn. Therefore, Sweekaar has established four institutions to care the uncared properly:
- Institute of Speech and Audiology
- Institute of Special Education
- Institute of Mental Health
- Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Sweekaar is the only voluntary organization in the India that has opened four campuses in four regions of Andhra Pradesh. Each center renders services to all types of disabled through 31 service units and training components. There are 21 training programs are conducted, including Diploma and Degree, P.G. Post P.G. and Ph. D. Four campuses are as listed below:
- Secunderabad H.Q.
- Tandur (Only centre in entire Telangana)
- Kadapa (Only centre in entire Rayalseema)
- Guntur (Only centre in entire Coastal Andhra)
In 37 years, the NGO has transformed lives of many disabled, and help them become a part of society. Due to such a significant contribution, it has been awarded with several awards.
Awards & Achievement:
- Year 1995: Founder & Chairman of the Organization has received “Dr.B.C. Roy National Award”
- Year 1996: Founder & Chairman of the Organization has received “Man of Asia Award”
- Year 2001:“National Award” for the best individual working for the welfare of disabled persons in the country
- Year 2002:“National Award” for the best institution working for the welfare of disabled persons in the country (Multiple Disabilities)
The Multi-specialty centre is awarded with about 45 other National & International awards. Sweekaar has been awarded “A” Grade Certificate by the Rehabilitation Council of India(A Statutory Body working under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India) in the area of Education for Hearing Impaired in India.
Need Your support
You can also support the good cause, and help Sweekaar in providing the best service, education and training to the disabled. By making a donation, you will not only help, but also get tax exemption. Donors to Sweekaar are exempted from payment of Income Tax under Section 80 G (50%) and Section 35 (i) (iii)- 100% for individuals and 125% for professionals and businessmen. Click on Donate now button on side bar.